And yes, to celebrate, a little photoshop-fun was in order. :)
This entire website was designed by me, from the ground up. I also did all of the photography and design illustrations for it. This website has been long in the making! It has taken me forever to find the time for it, but now that it's up, it's going to be a huge asset to me, and hopefully to you as well.
Let's do a quick run down of all the new features on the website:
- Services. I have updated my pen services, and organized them in a way that I think will be very useful. Each service has it's own respective page, that describes the cost, and what all is involved in the repair.
- Home page. The main page of the website will offer easy access to the 4 most-used pages. This will make it easy for new users to find what they're looking for. The 4 pages are:
2) For sale - My monthly tray of vintage restored pens (see below for more details)
3) Sell your pens!
Let's go over the last three of these main-page categories real quick:
- Monthly tray of vintage restored pens! This is one that I have personally been looking forward to. I am opening up a web-based mini pen show, so to speak. You can read all the details on the page, so I won't go into them here, but I will say this - Make sure to check that page the first of every month! There will be a lot of AWESOME pens on there. This month (including November, since October is almost over) we've got some great ones including:
- Parker 51 Half Demonstrator - vacumatic - factory B nib!
- Parker 51 Aero - 1.3mm Minuskin re-tipped nib!
- Esterbrook Dollar pen - 2314F fine stub nib
- sheaffer Touchdown Valiant in Burnt Umber brown - very smooth XF nib
Overall there are 12 pens + 1 extra this month, and all of them are fabulous!
- Sell your pens! Now you can get rid of your space-stealing old junkers! I will buy almost any vintage (and/or modern) pen you can think of, and for a fair price too. Make me an offer. :)
- FAQ's. This is a very important new feature. This extensive list of FAQ's will always be growing, as I add to it over the next few years and decades. If you want to see something on there, I am fully open to suggestions!
As for now, those are all the "new" and "fancy" features that I've integrated into the website. I hope you will have pleasant time browsing around and getting used to the new layout.
Again, please let me know if something goes wrong - dead link, glitchy layout, etc. Reporting problems like this helps me to quickly identify the problem, and fix it!
I look forward to future updates, and working with the new website in general. It's definitely a huge improvement over the last blog-site that I was using. :)